Friday, January 22, 2010

Expectation

Kids know a lot of more than our parents, especially in the areas they are interested in. Since our sons are getting engrossed with football. I have been learning "new" things each day.


Cristiano Ronaldo has often become an invisible visitor at our dinner table. Children talk about him, and many others countless times.

Once they were debating who is the great football player, Cristiano Ronaldo or Paul Scholes, or which is better team, Man United or Chelsea? They asked for my opinion, (I felt greatly honored)

"Aye, maybe Paul's ghost and Rev Charles Seet?"

"Mummy!" That ended my era of Total Authority.

No choice, I have to pick up Sport Session to find out who are those players and teams. Very reluctantly, watch Football channel with kids.....

After my elder son suffered second time injury when playing football in less than four months, (both fractures and the second one required an operation), I was furious and determined "Not more football till....."

As we were waiting in corridor outside doctor's office, an old man, who was also waiting, asked "Young man, what happened?"

My son replied sullenly "playing football."

"Oh, that is normal. I was National Soccer player back in 1953."

"Really," My son's eye lightened up. This old gentleman was not only a football player but also qualified Referee. But he was a lawyer by living.:=)He sent one of his book on football rule (a perfect topic for a lawyer) to my son a week later.

That rekindled my son's hope in soccer. Another expectation to live on.

No comments: