Friday, July 18, 2008

Breakfast with ladies

Finally, we have to say goodbye to our home of eight years Horizon Tower.

Last week, we moved to our new house, oh, how tired I was.

My old neighbor Jenny called me one morning "come, I have asked Amy along, let go for a nice breakfast."

"I can't, I have so much to do."

"That is why you need a break."
...

I agreed, partly because I was too tired to do any more, partly because I had not seen her for some time.

So, three of us went ahead to American Club for some "fabulous" breakfast, and some ladies "gossip". We found a quiet corner to sit down.

"You are lucky to find replacement unit so fast." Jenny said to me.

"You know, the other day I went to UE square, not even 1800sqf, asking for 2.5million."

"crazy, crazy."

"You know, Orchard Scotes 6 millions, 99 years some more."

"Why should I pay so much for 99 years?!" Amy said indignantly.

"But we have to look for place to stay waaa."

"Wait la, the price is coming down."

"It is unbelievable that last year's price could be so high. Now, at least 30% lower."

"The worse is not over."

"Have you tried YongAnn Park?"
...

"What about you? Amy?" I asked.

"I brought Panda Vally 2006. worse case, we move there la."

"2006 price was still low."

"Ya la, I paid 1.1million."

"a bargain!"

"But, Horizon Tower is a pity. so painful to see such a building will be teared down."
.....

"Stock market is so scary, Ah ya, we really don't know what to do."

"Interest rate is just 1.6%, leaving money in bank is useless too."

"all the prices go up, oil, food, and..."

"Ah ya, don't talk so much about troubles, let us eat."

"Let's eat!"

No comments: